Saturday, August 16, 2014

Same gun same place (a manual of arms debate)

In the carry gun world a lot is given to caliber it is without a doubt the most debated topic in the field, but another one which is highly debated is manual of arms. while there is .45 guy who would carry a derringer as his EDC as long as its in the holy caliber, and there is Mr fan boy who thinks that any pistol not created by Gaston Glock may as well be a hi point I am of the mindset that when it comes to the gun itself and manual of arms it doesn't really matter unless you carry the bane of my existence, the 1911 so I sometimes carry a ugly black block with a round in the chamber because you know it was made this side of 1950 all I have to do is draw and pull the trigger. When I carry my revolver I draw and pull the trigger, when I carry my s&w model 59 which is DA/SA, I draw and pull the trigger the only difference between the 3 is the weight of the trigger which honestly I would like to think that the difference between a 5 pound trigger in a Glock and a 11 pound trigger in a double action revolver or pistol would be negligible in a high stress situation. and it kinda sucks cause a lot of the ideas I have to write about are really just killing all that is the gun writing industry I mean really any bullets will kill someone. Every gun without a external safety functions the same and even some guns that do have manual safeties just draw and fire like the s&w model 59 with the safety disengaged it has that double action trigger pull in fact almost every gun outside of the 1911 can function perfectly safe with the manual safety off after that it all comes down to personal preference do you want the same trigger pull every single time, then a striker fired gun is your gun or a double action revolver but only crazy people and old men carry those anymore (and me of course) but I feel that there are distinct advantages of a DA/SA hammer fired gun. They offer the initial safety of a double action trigger pull with the accuracy and reduced split times of a single action trigger pull, subsequent rounds and many guns now have realized the danger of a manual safety and have opted for just a decocker like the new CZ line of pistols like  the PO9 which I feel is one of the best pistols on the market it offers the advantages of the DA/SA system I've said before and in the 9mm version. Its a 19 plus 1 which you really cant beat 20 rounds of 9mm on hand. I would own and carry a DA/SA gun but the one I have been looking at right now the lionheart lh9 sells for about 600-700 and i don't have that to spend on a carry gun when I have 2 carry guns right now. but simply put the actual manual of arms in every handgun given its carried in the condition it should be draws and shoots the same way. draw aim fire debate resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment