Saturday, August 30, 2014

A reluctant review (bullsye iwb hybrid holster)

It was not, and still isn't my intention to do reviews I understand that my opinon doesnt matter, I haven't been carrying long and don't have a good full spectrum view of all the products out there. However I would like to say that I really don't like this holster. Its the bullseye IWB holster, not the full size cause that has 2 clips and would make sense given... science I guess, but the one that I have really sucks. I mean it is my fault for buying it really but I had just got my blue label deal on a Glock 23 and was very happy and wanted to carry it and I had a OWB patriot holster from bravo concealment which I would like to stay is absolutely fabulous however I wanted something that was inside waistband cause it would be easier to conceal day to day. Well I get the only one that was there which was this $60 bullseye holster now it says it fits all the 9mm .40 and .357 sig glocks and that's cause the bottom is open and the trigger guard is the exact same on all those so it so I thought cool now if I get any other Glock I can use the same holster. But its not really fitted for a Glock like the patriot was it was fitted for... gun and that's about as specific as the fitting goes, now its a hybrid holster so retention isn't really that great unless your wearing it again OK I get it however even then its not great the leather is really nice tho. Now to the one clip system, this really isn't a knock on this specific holster or this company just the whole one clip idea as a whole. Why would you use just the one clip there is no advantage and a million reasons why it sucks. I live in south GA so ya it gets hot here and I'm not wearing two shirts to conceal a gun, sorry I know that concealed means concealed but I'm doing it in a shirt and shorts no more cause its simply too damn hot for that. That being said I need something that will conceal very nicely and won't bring any more attention to myself than I have to being dresed down for concealment but when I have to grab and readjust my gun because it pretty much rests on one pivot point and does what everything else does when forced to balance it moves all over the damn place. and like I stated before and we all know that grabbing your gun all the time doesnt really play into the whole concealed gray man concept. Not to mention that the gun has a degree of cant based on what foot you are currently standing on and what the barometric pressure is a consistant draw is almost impossible and if you belive the whole 3000 reps doctorine then I would have to say that you wouldnt be a fan, here now I saw on thier website that they make a 2 clip model that covers more area and seems to solve alot of the issues i have discusssed outside of the retention issue obviously but I wouldnt be reluctant to buy that one however im 99% sure I will be buying the new alien gear holster at 1/3 of the price and replaceable shells for life you cant beat it I mean its the only holster ive ever seen that doesnt care if you buy a new carry gun I think this holster might break the whole I have 3 guns and 4000 holsters mold of most old timers that have been carring a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment