1. It has a manual safety
- Everyone who is an expert in concealed carry agrees that manual safeties are 2 things, redundant and dangerous. Yet most of them carry one even Massad Ayoob (let me clear one thing up I hate the saying "he has forgotten more about blank than I will ever know however that does ring true with Mr Ayoob and myself). He even has a picture of a 1911 on the cover of his gun digest concealed carry book.
- It carries 8 rounds and weighs 2.4 pounds, there are literally too many guns to count that double that capacity with almost half the weight, there is absolutely no reason to carry something that's twice as heavy and has half the rounds its counter intuitive. The fact that there are revolvers that carry the same amount really says something about the age of the design
- In a time in which unless the entire line has never had a malfunction ever then its not good enough to carry, for some reason the 1911 is still considered good enough even though it is built to very tight tolerances and has reliability issues when introduced to dirt. There are many posts videos and articles about how to make a 1911 more reliable and havent found too many about a Glock reliability
4. .45 ACP
- I'm also not a very big fan of the .45 in today's world the only place I would own a .45 in New York or some other communist state where, I mean if I can only have 7 rounds they may as well be big ones well no I would carry a .357 something with more proven stopping power. There are plenty of very lethal rounds that offer tons more capacity. And don't give me the but they don't work bs argument no pistol round really is effective enough to be considered to have 1 shot lethality so I would rather have more of them.
5. Manual Safety
- As I said in the beginning the manual safety is the one thing that I hate. Having been in the Army, the safety Nazis from hell I understand the utter redundancy that comes with safety but the free market isn't where I go to be told I'm too dumb to not shoot a gun when im not supposed to I have 12 hours a day to do that so I really don't want anything coming between me and having to stop an aggressor.
6. The fact that everyone loves it so damn much
- There is literally nothing outside of the fact that its pretty that makes the 1911 a great gun. Yet everyone loves these things, swears by them and will carry nothing else but when you ask them they say "because they don't make a .46" or "because why mess with perfection" or some other ridiculous overly macho dumb ass statement that doesn't have any actual thing to do with the effectiveness of a firearm or constitute a smart purchase.
O ya that and they cost too much I could buy 2 Glocks for a Kimber or some other high end 1911.